Sunday, May 20, 2007

Lots of people, lots of bikes, two days.

So today was the second day of the Can Am. Pretty fun race, I'd have to say. Significantly fewer crashes than last year, amazingly. Harry, Josh, Pat, Chris S., and a few other people crashed. Not too many at all. Ry, Kevin, Brian and Steve came yesterday to help out since Dan is off in Belgium with Carter, and Kevin and Steve came today. My TT sucked in amazing ways, but the other two races went pretty well. My coaches (and I) were convinced that some people were trying to drop me from the fields (attacking every time I rubber-banded back onto the field - it hurt), but after talking to a bunch of people, I found that they weren't trying to get rid of me - they were trying to get rid of the sandbagger in our field who did no work and elbowed people for position. No names mentioned. Aside from that, all went well. I spent most of the time chilling with the CRCA guys in their van (NOT made to hold 8 people, in case you were curious) and sometime with Pat and Greg and Dan S. And of course some Colavita people. Slim pickings. A personal favorite from the weekend involved me opening the CRCA van door and discovering Connor on the floor between the front and middle row, Ian in the front passenger seat leaning back on top of Connor, Graham in the driver seat, Lewis in one of the middle row seats, and everyone else piled in either the middle or the back row. Pretty excellent. Love those guys. Props to Matt S., Andy G., Nina, and I don't know who else for taking home first in the GC!

Oh - and I have to say, Storm is pretty awesome. And his brother came up with an interesting theory, I think Elspeth unknowingly agrees with it.


Pictures ... (not taken by me)

AH, change of plans - pictures coming next time. My computer sucks at life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY!!!
לאה!!! סוףסוף הצלחתי להגיב...לא יודע למה קודם לא יכולתי...כנראה המחשב שלי דפוק חח.
אני אוהב איך שאת כותבת..ואיך שאת מצלמת..ובכלל...אותך!!
MISS U
BENNY!

Unknown said...

בנייי תודה !!! ואני אותך יותר !!!