Saturday, May 12, 2007

Clip, Crash, Fall.

So today was half good and half bad ... The TT this morning went pretty well ... I was feeling pretty good until the last stretch, which was a false flat - totally sucked. But I used Lenore's TT helmet, worked perfectly. And Lenore and I might end up sharing Rich's TT bike because he is getting a new one ... haha. Anyways, so I got 11th in the overall juniors and first in junior women. Not too bad. I basically spent the entire time hanging out with Storm and his brother (who was our bitch during warmups, haha), and admiring the freakin bike shop he keeps in the back of his car. The course was pretty sweet, aside from the forementioned false flat. It was rolling, with a few nice downhills ... I definitely could have done better, but that's alright. And Storm and Matt S. both used discs ... And passed me ... Very noisily. I heard both of them at least 15 or 20 seconds before I actually saw them.

This afternoon was a different story ... I headed down to the track after the TT for a little track racing to start off the season ... And not only did Fraysse eff up my bike when he fit it for me a few weeks ago, but I got crashed. It was pretty enjoyable. Anyways, so I started the 8 lap scratch race with probably a 10 or 11 person field. The first few laps were fine, and then coming out of the fourth turn on the third or fourth lap, someone swung up without looking and hit Morgan's wheel and sent her down, and I went straight into her wheel and went over the bars. So that wasn't exactly fun ... So that race got neutralized and I got back in, and then I did the win-and-out. After that, the pain from my crash (messed up ankle, multiple bruises, and a bunch of scrapes) began to set it, so I didn't do the points race ... Aside from the incident, thought, it was pretty fun.

I'll go picture hunting in awhile ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.